The Japanese Government has opened scholarship application to American students who wish to study at Japanese universities as either graduate or research (non-degree). The applications are open for the 2016 academic year.
Each year, the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport, Science and Technology offers scholarships to international students, for providing hundreds with the opportunity to live and study in Japan.
For applying the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold U.S. citizenship (Applicants who hold Japanese nationality at the time of application, are not eligible.)
- Have been born on or after April 2, 1981
- Be a university graduate (at the time of participation on the program) or have completed 16 years of school education (The candidates can check “QUALIFICATIONS” on the Scholarship Information Sheet for more details.)
- Be able to arrive in Japan between April 1st and April 7th 2016 or within two weeks of the date set by the receiving university for the beginning of the semester (in principle in September or October)
- Apply for the field that he/she currently studies or previously studied at the university level.
For more information, the candidates can check the link http://www.sf.us.emb-japan.go.jp/pdf/kenkyu_factsheet2016.pdf
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can download the application form by the link: http://www.sf.us.emb-japan.go.jp/pdf/kenkyu_application2016.pdf
- The candidates must complete the other documents that are listed on the link http://www.sf.us.emb-japan.go.jp/en/e_m05_01_02.htm
- The completed application form along with the documents must be submitted at the address of Japan Information Center.
Complete application packet must be received by June 12, 2015.
Link for More Information: