The PIABA Foundation is proud to announce the James E. Beckley Securities Arbitration and Law Writing Competition. The program is open to all students who are attending law school and full-time students who are not law students but they write law-related papers as part of a course at an American law school. The purposes of the competition are to promote greater interest in and understanding of the fields of securities arbitration and securities law and to encourage excellent legal writing skills in law students. The foundation will provide total $2,250 amounts to the winning candidates (Prize is $1000, Second Prize is $750, and Third Prize is $500).
The mission of the PIABA Foundation is to promote investor education by providing the public with information about abuses in the financial services industry and the securities dispute resolution process.
- All students are eligible who are attending or attend a law school in the United States.
- Full-time students who are not law students but who write law-related papers as part of a course at an American law school are also eligible.
- Employees of The PIABA Foundation and PIABA (except for students working less than 20 hours per week) are not eligible to enter the competition.
How to Apply:
To apply for the competition, the applicant can submit online application form go through the given link: http://piabafoundation.org/beckley-writing-competition-submission-form
- Submissions should be on one of the topics listed above.
- The text of a submission must be double-spaced, with twelve-point font and one-inch margins.
- Any Question(s) Presented section, the Statement of the Facts / Statement of the Law section, the Argument section, and/or the Conclusion together are a minimum of 15 pages and a maximum of 30 pages.
- If the submission covers both a topic among those listed above and a topic not listed above, only the topic listed above will be evaluated.
- Submissions will not be penalized for arguing a position that would limit investor rights rather than expand them.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The first Prize is $1000, Second Prize is $750, and Third Prize is $500.
- The first place winner is invited to accept the James E. Beckley Writing Competition in-person during the President’s Dinner at the PIABA Annual Meeting on October 20, 2017. 2nd – 3rd places and Honorable Mention are announced at that time as well.
All entries must be received by the editor no later than no later than September 8, 2017, at 5 pm eastern. Competition winner(s) will be posted online at www.piabafoundation.org
Link for More Information: