The James Alan Cox foundation is offering Student Photography Scholarship Program to high school, college and graduate student. The scholarship was founded in memory of James Alan Cox, a television photojournalist. The mission of scholarship Program is to financial support to student photographers of high school and college age. Five awards will be given to college or technical school students each of $2500 amount, high school students will get five (5) Digital Cameras and one $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to one graduate student.
The James Alan Cox Foundation’s mission is to expand educational and developmental opportunities for student photographers demonstrating interest, talent, and financial need.
- The applicant must be a united states citizen
- The applicant’s school must be in the united states
- Graduate students should be enrolled in a journalism o photojournalism program
- High school, college, and graduate students should have at least one semester remaining at time of award
- High school students must have completed one year at an accredited high school and should have taken at least one photography or related art class
How to Apply:
The applicants must fill the on-line application form. The link is given below:
- Brief Essay
- Teacher Mentor Form
- 2 Letters of Reference
- School Transcript
- Financial Data
- Release by the Photographer
- High school applicants should only submit still photographs. The video awards are for college and graduate students only
- Five (5) digital images for still photography submissions
- Two (2) videos, with a maximum duration of 3 minutes each, for video submissions
- Parental Release Form for high school students (or those under 18)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Five (5) Digital Cameras will be awarded to five (5) high school students. (High school applicants should only submit still photographs. The video awards are for college and graduate students only.)
- Five (5) $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to five (5) college or technical school students, payable to their school. Four awards will be for video work while one will be for still photography.
- One (1) $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to one (1) graduate student, payable to their school, for video work.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted between July 15, 2016, and midnight, the evening of November 15th, 2016
- Scholarships will be announced and awarded in early to mid-December
Link for more Information: