The International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO) is delighted to offer ITTO Fellowship Programme. If you belong to any of the ITTO Member countries, you are eligible to apply. The Fellowship Fund to promote human resource development and to strengthen professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry and related disciplines. A great grand amount of US$10,000 will be awarded.
The International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO) is an intergovernmental organization. The goal of IITO is to promote the sustainable management of tropical forests, the efficient use and processing of tropical timber, and better economic information about the international trade in tropical timber.
- Only nationals of ITTO Member countries (for more information about the ITTO member countries go through the given link (http//www.itto.int/itto_members/)are eligible to apply.
- Awards are to be made to individuals not to institutions.
- Previous ITTO Fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply for another ITTO Fellowship within two years of receiving the first award and submitting to the Secretariat a final report on the activity for which the award was made.
How to Apply:
In order to apply go through the given link http://www.itto.int/feature20/#FellowApp and click on apply.
Applicants must attach the following documents:
- Scanned copies of two letters of recommendation signed by referees (The form is available on the on-line application site.)
- Official letter(s) of acceptance from host institutions
- Provide Supporting documents for the following:
- Short-term training courses and training internships: documents showing the course description and the course fees.
- Conferences: documents showing the conference description and the conference fees, and an abstract of the paper or a full paper if the applicant is presenting a paper
- Study tours and lecture/demonstration tours: a detailed schedule of visit and pro-forma invoices of major items of expenses
- Technical document preparation, publication and dissemination: an outline of the technical document or a draft of the document, and pro-forma invoices for printing and other budgeted items
- Post-graduate studies: a brief research proposal and documents showing the programme description, the tuition fees and other major items of expenses
- Traveling by air: documents showing airfare, such as a pro-forma invoice.
- Visa fee and airport tax: supporting documents showing the costs for the visa fee and airport tax
- Travelling on land: supporting documents showing the costs for car rental, approximate distance for travelling between the places of visits, the costs for train/bus, etc.
- For those who are non-native speakers of the language to be used in the fellowship activity: a certificate indicating proficiency in the language.
- Only successful fellowship applicants will be notified. The list of successful fellowship applicants will be posted on the ITTO website.
- Should you have a problem in accessing the application form on-line, please contact the Fellowship Program at: itto-at-itto.int.
- The maximum amount for fellowship is US$10,000. ITTO Fellowships provides tuition/training/conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances.
- For post-graduate studies, only a partial tuition fee or a small research grant can be provided. Approved Fellowships are non-transferable to other programme or institutions.
February 22, 2016 is the application deadline.
Link for More Information:
For more information E-mail: fellow-application-at-itto.int