In some cases, the costs associated with attending college may keep achieving the dream of earning a degree out of reach for some students. As a result, The Italian American Chamber of Commerce – Midwest (IACC) is offering a wonderful opportunity to full-time students of residents of the State of Illinois, of Italian ancestry. Scholarships are available to both member and non-members of the Chamber. The winning candidates will get $1000 scholarship that can be used for education purposes only.
The primary goals of The Italian American Chamber of Commerce – Midwest (IACC) are promoting the member activities as well as promoting trade relations between Italy and the United States, with a particular focus on the Midwest region of the United States.
• Must be a resident of the State of Illinois. At least one parent must be of Italian ancestry, and the applicant must be a full-time student between the last year of high school and last year of a fully accredited 4-year college or university.
• Must show proof of a minimum grade point average as follows: 3.5 on a 4 point scale or 4.5 on a 5 point scale.
How to Apply:
The candidates can download scholarship application form through the given link:
• A letter including a biographical account of themselves, explanation of their Italian ancestry and their reason for wanting the scholarship and to what purpose they plan to use it.
• Two letters of recommendation: one from a teacher and one from their counselor.
• The most recent transcript of school credits available.
• The photo in color or black and white.
Print application from the web and send all documents together to:
Italian American Chamber of Commerce
500 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 506
Chicago, IL 60611
$1,000 scholarship award will be given to the winning candidates.
Applications begin now and end on July 31, of each year. Winners will be notified by September 30, of each year.
Link for More Information: