The Intellectual Property Owners Education Foundation is sponsoring “The IP Video Contest”. The contest is open to the citizens of United States ages 13 and older. Just submit a video and you could be able to win up to $5,000. Qualified individuals will select finalists in each age group, which will then be posted on the contest website, the contest YouTube profile, and the Foundation’s Facebook fan page.
Intellectual Property Owners Education Foundation is a non-profit organization devoted to educational and charitable activities designed to improve intellectual property rights.
• The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) Education Foundation IP Video Contest is open to individuals who reside in the fifty United States, including the District of Columbia, and territories and possession of the United States, ages 13 and older
• Entrants who are between the ages of 13 and 18 must be enrolled as full-time students in an accredited secondary, college level or trade school. Entrants enrolled in home school programs are eligible to participate.
How to Apply:
Create a video (or music video) that shows why you think the patent system is important. Choose one question to answer:
• How has a recent patented invention improved the quality of your life?
• Has anyone in your family or community built a business on a patented invention? If so, how has it affected you?
• How has a patented invention created new jobs and new industries in your community?
• How has a patented invention saved or improved the quality of someone’s life, enhanced their education, improved their connectivity, etc.?
• Videos must be no more than 90 seconds in length.
• Videos must be compressed into a digital file of no more than 100 mb in order to submit them online.
• Videos can be in .wmv, .avi, .mov, .mp4, and .mpg file formats.
• Entrants must not use pre-recorded or copyrighted music in their videos unless they have a Master Use and Synchronization license. Entrants may use royalty-free music or their own original score.
• Entrants must save a master copy of their video.
You can upload you video by the given link: http://www.ipvideocontest.com/?page_id=29
• Winners in the 13-15 years-old age group will each receive a $5,000 cash prize.
• Winners in the 16-18 years-old age group will each receive a $5,000 scholarship, payable in the form of a check to an accredited college (public, private, junior college, or community college), university, or trade school at which the winner is enrolled.
• The winner in the 19 and over category will receive a $5,000 cash prize
• If a winner in the 13-15 years-old and/or 16-18 years-old age group includes on his/her submission form the name of a teacher who referred him/her to the video contest, that teacher will be awarded a $1,500 cash prize, for their classroom, as recognition for encouraging IP education.
Submit your video before 11:59 p.m. ET July 1, 2016.
Link for More Information: