ISAKOS is pleased to offer the opportunity to three international sports medicine fellows to attend the International Sports Medicine Fellows Conference. The scholarship is available for those who are interested in the study and advancement of understanding of sports medicine. The annual course is held in January in Carlsbad, California, near San Diego. The scholarship is intended to promote better understanding and communication regarding injuries or conditions as related to sports medicine. The three scholarship recipients will receive a grant of up to $2,000 each to support travel expenses.
An international society of surgeons established International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports (ISAKOS) to advance the worldwide exchange and dissemination of education, research and patient care in arthroscopy, knee surgery, and orthopedic sports medicine.
This opportunity will be available on a competitive basis to a fellow (must be younger than 40 years old), interested in the study and advancement of understanding of sports medicine.
How to Apply:
The candidates are required to login through the given link, applying for the scholarship.
• Applicants are required to submit two short essays (250 words or less)
• Two letters of recommendation. One letter of recommendation should come from the chair of your fellowship program.
• Curriculum vitae. Ensure submitted CVs include orthopedic training, including fellowships, a list of publications and awards.
• The first short essay must indicate their interest in the Sports Medicine and reasons for applying for the fellowship and the second short essay should indicate their academic goals and teaching opportunities.
• The three scholarship recipients will receive a grant of up to $2,000 each to support travel expenses including airfare, hotel, and transportation.
• Waived registration fees for the International Sports Medicine Fellows Conference will also be provided.
Application deadline is September 15, 2016.
Link for More Information: