Inside Teaching MSU invites applicants for the second cohort of Fellows for the Inside Teaching MSU Collaborative. To be an applicant you must have a proven commitment to pedagogy and teaching. MSU wants to promote excitement and pride about graduate student teaching at Michigan State. Winner will receive $1000 amount.
Michigan State University (MSU) is a public research university located in East Lansing, Michigan, United States. MSU was founded in 1855. University is Intend to promote excitement and pride about graduate student teaching at Michigan State.
- To be eligible you need to be an Inside Teaching Collaborative Fellow, applicants must have a proven commitment to pedagogy and teaching, evidenced by their active engagement at MSU and/or elsewhere in conversations about high quality teaching and learning.
- Five to seven fellows will be selected, and an effort will be made for the group to have representation across the humanities, STEM and social sciences disciplines.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates must submit an updated CV and respond to these three questions (please limit responses to each question to 300 words):
- Why are you interested in being an Inside Teaching Collaborative Fellow?
- What activities have you participated in previously that demonstrates your commitment to high quality teaching and learning?
- Inside Teaching MSU has a monthly in-person event called “Inside Teaching Lounge”. These 1.5 hour events are run by graduate students and cover a range of topics related to providing high quality evidence-based teaching in the post-secondary context. Please provide a “pitch” for one Inside Teaching Lounge topics that you might be interested in leading as a Fellow in either spring or fall 2015.
- Identify two strategies you have to build the Inside Teaching MSU network.
If you are interested kindly send all the documents on the given e-mail address: mcdani73-at-msu.edu
- Fellows will receive $1000 for a two-semester commitment (spring 2016 & fall 2016).
- Build leadership skills – provide teaching development support for your fellow graduate students and post doctoral.
- Deepen your understanding of student learning assessment and curriculum design across the disciplines.
- Learn and implement best practices in teaching with technology & social media.
Deadline of the given Teaching MSU Fellowship is Monday, December 7, 2015.
Link for More Information:
For more information go through the given e-mail address: gradschool-at-grd.msu.edu