International Education Week (IEW) is a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Education that provides an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide.
This annual initiative aim is to promote international understanding and build support for international educational exchange by encouraging the development of programs that prepare Americans to live and work in a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study in the United States.
- The Essay Contest is open to all UNC students with good academic standing
- GPA of 2.0 or greater is required
How to Apply:
- To be considered for essay contest, you must fully answer the prompt, essay to be 1000 words or fewer. The prompt for the essay is: International Education Week is an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange.
- The theme of this year is “Access for All.” Share an experience where you benefited from international education and exchange and how it truly provided “Access for All”?
- Writer must be a student at UNC
- Must be in good academic standing (GPA 2.0 or greater)
- Essays must be 1000 words or less
You can submit your essay on-line through the given link:
Two winners of the contest will each receive a $250 gift card and will be honored at the Keynote Speech on Thursday, November 19.
Essay must be submitted no later than Wednesday, November 4, 2015.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions, contact CIE, 970-351-2396.