NEWH (Network of Executive Women in Hospitality) Inc., the Hospitality Industry Network is proud to announce the ICON of Industry Scholarship Award. The scholarship is open to students who are pursuing a career objective in the hospitality industry with an emphasis towards interior or textile design. The scholarship winner will be honored in November at the annual Gold Key Awards Gala in New York City.
NEWH is the premier networking resource for the hospitality industry, providing scholarships, education, leadership development, recognition of excellence, and business development opportunities.
- Must be currently enrolled student attending an accredited college
- Must have completed half of the requirements for an undergraduate degree or be enrolled in a graduate program
- Must show financial need and have eligible outstanding debt for tuition, books or supplies at time of award in November 2015
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be pursuing a career objective in the Hospitality Industry with an emphasis towards interior or textile design
- Must have participated in an industry internship program or similar position
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form. The form can be downloaded by the given link:
- Student essay in Word format to include:
- Background of yourself and your experience
- Your goals and objectives after graduation
- What prompted you to choose this career
- Do you feel you made a contribution to your school program or fellow students through leadership or participation
- Why is obtaining this scholarship important to you
- If your application is not accepted, what plans do you have for financing
- Internship essay (separate file in WORD format) to include: describe internship and give analysis of benefits/personal growth it provided you.
- Official transcript. please mail
- Letters of recommendation from professor, advisor, department head, etc. (no minimum required)
- Letters from industry professionals, employers, etc. (minimum of three)
- Resume in PDF
- Headshot-professional & suitable for press/social media (high resolution JPEG/PNG in separate file 300 dpi)
- You can return all items by email: [email protected]
- You can mail transcripts to:
PO BOX 322 Shawano,
$7,500 ICON Scholarship award will be given to the winning candidate.
Application must be submitted by September 15th, 2015.
Link for more Information:
If you have any question regarding the scholarship, you can email to: newh.scholarship-at-newh.org or contact at 800.593.6394