The Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences (ICES) has announced ICES Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. Fellows who have completed a postdoctoral degree are eligible to apply. Mission of the fellowship is to support outstanding computational scientists who have recently completed doctoral studies in an area relevant to research conducted at the Institute. Selected candidates will obtain $60,000 stipend per year.
The Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences (ICES) an organized research unit is created to foster the development of interdisciplinary programs in computational sciences and engineering (CSE), mathematical modeling, applied mathematics, software engineering, and computational visualization.
- Candidates must display a significant ability to contribute to interdisciplinary research efforts in the areas of computational engineering, scientific and mathematical modeling, computational and applied mathematics, and computational visualization.
- Teaching is discouraged. However, especially compelling requests must be presented to the ICES Director for approval before any teaching offers are accepted.
- Without prior approval from the ICES Director, applicants must not hold concurrently another fellowship or similar award from the University of Texas System or any other entity.
How to Apply:
Candidates must fill the application form by downloading it through the given link: https://www.ices.utexas.edu/media/documents/ICES_Postdoc_Fellowship_App.pdf
- A letter of interest addressed to the Director of ICES.
- 100-200 word narrative of proposed work in interdisciplinary research in computational science, engineering and applied mathematics, including the name(s) of the ICES core faculty member(s) with whom you are interested in working.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Copies of professional articles, papers and publications.
- Application form along with the supporting documents may be sent to:
ICES Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Attn:
Program Coordinator 201 E.
24th Street, POB 4.102 Austin,
- Email: norar-at-ices.utexas.edu
Fellowship stipends are $60,000 per year. In addition, fellows receive UT employee benefits and relocation expenses up to $1,000.
The fellowship application deadline is January 6, 2016.
Link for More Information:
For more information contact the program coordinator at norar-at-ices.utexas.edu.