The Institute for Advanced Studies on Science, Technology and Society (IAS-STS) is offering IAS-STS Fellowship Programme on Technology and Society. Applicants who are working on their dissertation or postdoctoral thesis, are considered to eligible. The fellowship programme enables fellows to conduct their research focusing on the relationship between technology and society. € 940 per month will be granted to 5 research fellows.
Science, technology and society (STS), also referred to as science and a technology study is a branch or offspring of science studies. The Institute was established in the 1960.
- Candidates from all academic positions and disciplines may apply for the Fellowships, provided that they have completed university studies.
- Applicants working on their dissertation or postdoctoral (habilitation) thesis are given preference.
- Scientists not intending to write a doctoral or postdoctoral thesis can also apply to be Research Fellows at the IAS-STS for research purposes.
- Young scientists who are not yet working on their doctoral theses but who are taking part in research projects in the abovementioned areas can also apply.
- Eligible research projects will be those falling within the areas of:
- Gender – Technology – Environment
- Life Sciences/Biotechnology
- Sustainable and Innovative Public Procurement & Ecodesign.
- Towards Low-Carbon Energy Systems.
- Sustainable Food Systems.
How to Apply:
Applicants are requested to download the application form through the given link: file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/Application_GH.pdf
- Curriculum vitae (in tabular form).
- Copies of academic certificates.
- List of publications.
- Applicant’s publications (one or two), abstracts of diploma thesis, doctoral thesis etc.
- Short presentation of planned research project (approx. 5-10 pages), structured as follows:
- General objectives.
- Detailed description.
- Procedure including method.
- Time schedule.
- Elected bibliography.
- Confirmation of present studies (doctoral thesis, postdoctoral (habilitation) thesis etc.)
- Comments and/or references (of doctoral / postdoctoral (habilitation) thesis supervisor)
- Grants worth € 940 per month will be given to 5 Research Fellows.
- All Research Fellows and Visiting Scholars will be able to make use of IAS-STS’ excellent research infrastructure, library and services, which includes close co-operation with researchers at the IFZ (Inter-University Research Centre for Technology, Work and Culture) and the Graz unit of STS (Institute of Science, Technology and Society Studies, Klagenfurt University).
Applications are to be submitted via email or by post by December 31, 2015.
Link for More Information:
Institute for Advanced Studies on Science, Technology and Society (IAS-STS)
Attn. Günter Getzinger
8010 Graz – Austria