The International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) is delighted to announce its IADC Legal Writing Contest to all law school students. All J.D. candidates currently enrolled in accredited law schools are eligible to participate in the Writing Contest. Entrants must write on subjects in the fields of tort law, insurance law, civil procedure, evidence or other areas of the law of practical concern to lawyers engaged in the defense, or management of the defense of civil litigation. The program will worth total $3,500 award. The first place winner will get US $2,000, second place winner US $1,000, and third place winner US $500.
The International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) has been serving a distinguished membership of corporate and insurance defense attorneys and insurance executives since 1920.The Association was created in 1920 by a group of general counsels, calling themselves the General Counsels’ Association of the United States. Its purpose was to foster good will and cooperation among general counsel who shared common interests and challenges.
- All law school students who are enrolled as J.D. candidates in accredited law schools in the U.S. and Canada at the time of submission of their entries. http://willamette.edu/law/internal/students/osa/pdf/writing_competitions/iadc_2017.pdf
- Entrants must write on subjects in the fields of tort law, insurance law, civil procedure, evidence or other areas of the law of practical concern to lawyers engaged in the defense, or management of the defense of civil litigation.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the contest, the applicant can download application through the given link: http://www.iadclaw.org/assets/1/7/Entry_Form_2017.pdf
The complete application can submit in English in Microsoft Word format to Melisa MaiselVanis, through the following ways:
- Mail to: 303 W. Madison, Suite 925, Chicago, Illinois 60606 USA Attn: Melisa MaiselVanis, Professional Development Manager
- Fax: P: 312.368.1494 F: 312.368.1854
- E-mail: mmaisel-at-iadclaw.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Winning and honorable mention entries are considered for publication in the IADC’s quarterly academic publication, the Defense Counsel Journal. Monetary awards will be made as follows:
- US $2,000 to the first place winner
- US $1,000 to the second place winner
- US $500 to the third place winner
- Honorary mentions receive no monetary awards
The scholarship entries must be received on or before Friday, May 19, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at mmaisel-at-iadclaw.org.