The Hudson Pride Foundation has put forward scholarship opportunity named as “HPF scholarship”. To be eligible, the applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award or an undergraduate continuing his or her education in an accredited college/university. The scholarship program created a way to reward community involvement and encourage Columbia County students to pursue a college education. $1,000 scholarship awarded to one (1) high school senior student and individual student selected as an HPF scholarship winner will get lifetime award of up to $4,000.
The Hudson Pride Foundation is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization. The Hudson Pride Foundation relies on private donations, grants, and local businesses for our efforts. The Hudson Pride Foundation strives to provide education, resources, and support to empower and serve LGBTQ persons and their allies across Columbia County.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Applicant must be a Columbia County School District resident
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award or an undergraduate continuing his or her education in an accredited college/university and has maintained a 3.0 GPA or better. Proof of GPA is required
- Applicant must demonstrate positive impact or involvement and/or significant improvement/success and community involvement, determined through letters of recommendation in relationship to advancing the equality of the LGBT community.
- Scholarship are also available to previous winners
How to Apply:
- Students, who are interested in applying for the HPF scholarship Program should write a personal essay on this topic “How have you made a positive difference in the LGBT community?”
- If you are interested to be applying for the scholarship you can apply through the given link: http://www.hudsonpridefoundation.org/scholarship-application
You will be required to submit the following:
- Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly)
- Two (2) letters of recommendations (or more) from high school teacher, administrator, counselor, employer, or individual with significant knowledge of the applicant’s experience and involvement in the LGBT community (no family members)
- A recent official high school transcript with cumulative grade point Average (GPA)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The winners who will win the scholarship receive a maximum lifetime award of up to $4,000.
- Who has demonstrated a real commitment to promoting and supporting LGBT equal rights and made a positive difference in the LGBT community in some measurable way, will receive $1,000 for each year of college (up to 4 years)
The deadline for submission of applications is Thursday, June 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: