At Hostelling International USA (HI USA), they think travel should be as much about making a difference in the world as it is about seeing it, so they have created the Explore the World Travel Scholarship. The scholarship is open to residents of USA. Recipients of the scholarship will receive $2,000 to help finance their international trip as long as they have an educational or service component to their itinerary.
Hostelling International USA (HI USA) is a nonprofit, member organization. HI USA promotes a dynamic community of global citizens who have the wisdom and humanity to actively make the world a better place.
To be considered for the Explore the World Travel Scholarship, candidates must meet the qualifying criteria:
- Be 18 – 30 years of age
- Be a permanent, legal resident of the USA
- Have a permanent or school address in one of the following metropolitan areas. The link is: https://www.hiusa.org/programs/travel-scholarships/explore-the-world-program-details#3
- Have a strong desire and motivation to experience other people and cultures through international travel
- Plan to take a trip to a destination outside of the 50 United States between now and August 31, 2017 that incorporates volunteerism or service learning.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete the on-line application form through the given link: https://www.hiusa.org/programs/travel-scholarships/explore-the-world-application
The total amount of the award is $2000. The award is split in two equal installments of $1000.
- The first installment is awarded before travel upon completion of the pre-travel requirements.
- The second installment is awarded after travel upon completion of post-travel requirements.
The deadline for the Explore the World Scholarship is May 15, 2016.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions not answered by the Program Details tab, please contact scholarships-at-hiusa.org