The Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) is pleased to announce The STEM Incentive Program. It is New York State’s higher education student financial aid agency.The program is open to New York State high school students who graduate in December or June. The New York State STEM Incentive Program provides a full SUNY or CUNY tuition scholarship for the top ten percent of students in each New York State, high school.
The Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) is New York State’s student financial aid agency and a national leader in providing need-based grant and scholarship award money to college-going students.
An applicant must:
• Be a legal resident of NYS and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months
• Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
• Be a high school senior/recent high school graduate who will be enrolled full-time at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and the statutory colleges at Cornell University and Alfred University, beginning in the fall term following his or her high school graduation
• Be ranked in the top 10 percent of his/her high school graduating class of an NYS high school
• Be matriculated in an undergraduate program leading to a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics at a SUNY or CUNY college
• Earn a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher each term after the first semester
• Execute a service contract agreeing to reside and work in NYS for five years in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics. View the terms and conditions of the service contract
• Not be in default on a student loan made under any NYS or federal education loan program or repayment of any state award and
• Be in compliance with the terms of any service condition imposed by a state award
How to Apply:
• To be considered for incentive program, you can complete and submit application form through the given link:
• The candidates must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Payment of State Grants, Scholarships and Awards Application each year to receive payment.
A recipient receives an annual award for full-time study equal to the annual tuition charged to NYS resident students attending an undergraduate program at the State University of New York (SUNY), or actual tuition charged, whichever is less.
The deadline for submitting the NYS Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Incentive Program Application is August 15, 2016.
Link for More Information:
Contact the HESC Scholarship Unit at scholarships-at-hesc.ny.gov or 1-888-697-4372 with questions about this Program.