The “New Jersey Heroes” is excited to announce the Heart of a Hero Scholarship. The scholarship is awarded to New Jersey military service members to assist their post-secondary or master’s education. The Heart of a Hero Scholarship is to only be used for post-secondary or master’s program tuition, fees, or books.
NJ Heroes, a private, non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, was founded in 2010. NJH is inspired by the work of New Jersey’s first lady, Mary Pat Christie. To recognize, celebrate, and promote the Heroes of New Jersey who inspire fellow New Jerseyans to give back to their community is the mission of scholarship.
To be considered for the scholarship, the candidates:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be a New Jersey resident
- Must have received a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma (GED)
- Must have served in the military and submit documentation of military service (i.e. DD214, NGB22, etc). If applicant has been discharged from the military, must show proof of honorable discharge
- Must submit a completed scholarship application form via email, mail, or online submission
- Must enroll as a student at an accredited college/university or a vocational training school in the 2015-2016 school year (Fall or Spring Semester)
- Must demonstrate a commitment to volunteerism and community contribution, in the spirit of New Jersey Heroes
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates can submit the application either on-line or offline.
- For applying off-line the candidates can download the application form by the link:
Submit an application via US Mail postmarked and mailed to NJ Heroes, P.O. Box 95, Mendham, NJ 07945-0095.
- For applying on-line, the link is:
$5,000 scholarship will be awarded to the deserving candidates.
The application deadline is Friday, July 31, 2015.
Link for More Information: