The Harness Tracks of America is offering annual scholarships for post-secondary education to sons and daughters of licensed drivers, trainers, caretakers, management or young people who are actively engaged in the harness racing industry themselves. Three $5,000 scholarships will be given to the winning candidates.
The scholarship program was begun in 1973 and has made 208 grants to 141 worthy students since its inception with the scholarships totaling $778,950. The mission of the organization is to help their members for obtain economic objectives by promoting live racing, enhancing, preserving the integrity and image of the sport.
The scholarship is open for post-secondary education to sons and daughters of licensed drivers, trainers, caretakers, management or young people actively engaged in the harness racing industry themselves.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form. The form can be downloaded by the link:
The candidates must submit the following documents:
- Submit Essay.Each essay should be typed on individual sheets of paper and attached to this signed application. All three essays are required.
1) Essay 1 – Briefly describe your present and future educational goals.
2) Essay 2 – Describe to what extent you and/or other members of your family are involved in the harness racing industry. To be considered for an award you and/or your family must show active harness racing involvement in the past or present.
3) Essay 3 – HTA receives many requests for assistance through this fund. Please write a brief essay of not more than 500 words indicating why you believe you are deserving of scholarship support.
- Official academic transcripts
- Federal tax forms
- Student aid report
- Fee rates schedule
- Any other supporting documents
The application packet along with the supporting documents can be submitted to:
Harness Tracks of America Scholarship Committee
10705 Northfield Road
Northfield, Oh 44067
Three $5,000 scholarships will be given to the deserving candidate.
Completed application, essays and all supporting documentation must be postmarked by July 10, 2015.
Link for More Information:
If you are interested in applying for a 2015-2016 Harness Tracks of America Scholarship, you can contact to Heather McColloch by phone at (330) 467-4101 ext. 2204/2205 or via e-mail at hmccolloch-at-northfieldpark.com.