Higher education in the United States is more costly than ever, but we sincerely hope that rising costs will not deter students from pursuing their dreams in the legal profession. That’s why Hardy Wolf & Downing is pleased to provide a unique scholarship opportunity to law students who wish to attain college and graduate level education. The scholarship of $1000 will be awarded to one (1) student to be used for tuition, books, and housing at an accredited US undergraduate college program or law school.
Hardy Wolf and Downing is a unique personal injury firm, started by William Hardy and Fredda Wolf in 1976 in Lewiston. It has an impressive track record of collecting well over $100 million dollars for injured Mainers to back it up.
• High school students who plan to attend an accredited US College
• College students attending an accredited US College
• Law students currently accepted or enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school
• All candidates must either be active, retired or immediate family relatives of such members of any branch of the US military or any branch of law enforcement
How to Apply:
Applicants for the scholarship will write an essay on the following topics. Essays should be approximately 1500 – 2000 words in length.
• For members and family members of US military: What is/are the greatest challenge(s) facing veterans when they return home from serving their country?
• For members of law enforcement and family members of law enforcement workers: What is/are the greatest challenge(s) facing law enforcement personnel today? (Writers may focus on a single, specified law enforcement agency.)
• Proof of attendance or acceptance at school as outlined above.
• Proof of a minimum 3.0 GPA from the school you currently attend or most recently attended (Copy of official transcript required.)
• Proof of personal affiliation or family affiliation with any branch of the US military or law enforcement agency.
• You can submit your complete application via email to scholarship-at-cmt-outreach.org.
• All materials must be submitted in Word or PDF format.
• Applicants must provide their full name and all current contact information including mailing address, email address, and phone number.
The $1000 scholarship will be awarded to one (1) student to be used for tuition, books, and housing at an accredited US undergraduate college program or law school.
Applicants must submit their materials by June 30 (annual).
Link for More Information: