The Central Coast branch of the Groundwater Resources Association of California (GRAC) is soliciting applications for 2015 scholarship funds. The Central Coast branch has scholarship funds up to $2500 that is available for distribution to college and graduate students who are performing research on groundwater resources in the Central Coast branch region.
The Groundwater Resource Association of California is dedicated to resource management that protects and improves groundwater supply and quality through education and technical leadership. The association facilitates the development of alternative technologies and standardization of methods to advance investigation, management, and protection of California’s groundwater resources.
GRAC wishes to support student research related to one or more of the following topics:
- Groundwater Hydrology
- Groundwater Quality
- Groundwater Tracers and Contaminants
- Water Resources Management and Water Recycling
- Conjunctive Use of Surface Water and Groundwater
- Energy Use and Economics of Groundwater
- Geophysical Investigations (related to groundwater resources)
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship interested candidates can send application along with the following documents to Jena Shoaf (Branch Scholarship Coordinator) jshoaf-at-bhfs.com or 805-882-1427.
- Written scholarship proposals should include information on the research proposed, either new or ongoing, with a timeline and budget for the proposed work to be supported by GRAC.
- Proposals should include a short letter of interest and the student’s resume or CV (no more than 5 pages in length) with contact information for the project research advisor.
Submit your application as soon as possible.
Scholarship fund amount up to $2500 and will be awarded on a rolling basis.
Link to Apply:
Students can contact to Jena Shoaf (Branch Scholarship Coordinator) jshoaf-at-bhfs.com or 805-882-1427 for more details