Against The Grain (ATG) Productions is pleased to announce that applications for its annual Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship Program. High school senior or a college senior or a graduate student enrolled at an accredited U.S college or university, is welcome to apply. The scholarship provides financial assistance and promotion of Asian American college seniors and graduate students who have exhibited exemplary leadership, vision, and passion that is blazing a trail for others to follow and changing lives in the Asian American community. $1,500.00 will be given to the winning candidate that will be applied toward school tuition and fees.
Against The Grain (ATG) Productions, a Dallas-based 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization, promotes Asian American cultural awareness through compelling media projects and raises funds for international orphanages and underprivileged children.
• Must be of at least 50% Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity
• Must be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the U.S.
• Must be a high school senior, a college senior enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. four-year college/university or a graduate student enrolled in an accredited U.S. graduate program who will be enrolled in an accredited college/university for the upcoming academic calendar
• Scholarship is open to students of all majors
• Have demonstrated visionary leadership abilities through innovative means
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted)
• Family members of Board members are ineligible
How to Apply:
• Interested candidates can download scholarship application form by the given link:
• All scholarship candidates must submit a video presentation showcasing their work and qualifications:
1. Videos will be judged on content, creativity, and execution
2. Videos are to be submitted on flash drive in the formats .wmv or .mov
The winner will receive $1500 that will be applied toward school tuition and fees.
The completed application must be received by Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions, send them to outreach-at-againstthegrainproductions.com.