Application for the annual Google Rise (Roots in Science and Engineering) Awards is currently open. The RISE Awards are an annual grants program for nonprofit organizations that promote CS education opportunities with a specific emphasis on outreach to girls and underrepresented minorities. The RISE program supports and connects not-for-profit organizations around the world that are working to increase equity and access in CS education. The winners will get financial supports of $10,000- $25000.
Google provides a variety of services for people and businesses. With all technologies—from search to Chrome to Gmail—their goal is to make it as easy as possible for you to find the information you need and get the things you need to do done.
- Are small and mighty with the potential to scale through programmatic expansion or achieve broader reach by sharing information with other organizations
- Operate with clearly defined objectives, viable plans to achieve them, and a track record of success that the program can be executed as described
- Have deep roots in the community the program seeks to benefit, including partnerships or collaboration to continue engaging youth
- Implement a program that is connected to a compelling problem and there is evidence that the project is needed in the community
- Are data driven, and can provide evidence of quantifying impact or have a clear plan in place for measuring impact in the future
- Meet all funding criteria, including:
- CS programs in out-of-school time: They fund organizations that currently run extracurricular computer science programs
- Increasing equity: Programs must serve girls, underrepresented minorities, or youth in low-income communities
- Pre-university age youth: Programs should benefit youth up to the age of 18 and are not open to programs for students already enrolled in university or above
- Not-for-profit organizations: RISE Awards are limited to not-for-profit organizations with charitable registration status or a fiscal sponsor from one of the eligible countries
How to Apply:
You can apply on-line through the given link for Google Rise Awards:
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Capacity Building: Access to a 12-month capacity building problem that connects awardees with Google expertise
- Financial Support: Grants of $10,000- $25000
- Operational Support: Customized to the needs of the organization, such as volunteers or pro bomo consulting
- A community of practice: Continued peer engagement through a community of practice
The Google RISE program is currently accepting applications through September23, 2016.
Link for More Information: