Google is proud to honor Dr. Anita’s memory and support the women in technology with the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship. As Dr. Anita Borg devoted her adult life to revolutionizing the way of technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields. Google hopes to encourage women to excel in computing and technology and become active role models and leaders in the field.
Anita Borg Institute (ABI) is a social enterprise founded on the belief that women are vital to building technology that the world needs.
- Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarships are offered in Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, China, Europe, Middle East, and the United States
- Be a female student currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2015-2016 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at a university in the United States for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Majoring in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Maintain a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
- Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply
- Past applicants and finalists are also encouraged to re-apply
How to Apply:
You can apply for the scholarship through the following link:
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Two letters of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four essay questions
Google Anita Borg Scholarship recipients will each receive a $10,000 award for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Scholarship application is due by Tuesday, December 1, 2015.
Link for More information:
If you have any questions, email at: anitaborgscholarship-at-google.com.