Golf Ontario provides financial assistance to deserving student golfers throughout Ontario who continue their education at the post-secondary level. Support for the program began with a Trust Fund in 1994 and more recently through the cooperation of the Golf Ontario’s corporate partners and a variety of successful marketing initiatives. Golf Ontario awards annual scholarships to deserving students enrolled in an Ontario Golf Management Program.
A Golf Community is harnessing efforts to increase physical activity and get the community active through golf. A Golf Community focuses on the four F’s golf to offer fun, family, friends and fitness.
Application for a Golf Ontario scholarship is open to candidates pursuing full-time post-secondary studies fulfilling the following criteria:
• Candidate must maintain a 75% (or equivalent) overall academic average.
• Candidate must be a Golf Ontario club member or a Public Player member.
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate their involvement in the game of golf.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete the scholarship application form. The link is:
• Complete academic history a transcript is mandatory
Proof of acceptance (first-year students) or proof of enrolment (returning students) from your post-secondary institution
• Proof of Golf Ontario membership
• A typed, one-page essay on “What this scholarship will mean to me” written and signed by the applicant
• One letter of recommendation from a school official
• One letter of recommendation from another appropriate source
• Documentation signed by a school official which outlines the effect any outside scholarship monies may have on existing scholarships provided by the school (for applicants attending a post-secondary school in the US only).
Application deadline is July 15, 2016. Absolutely no applications or additional documentation will be received after this date.
Link for more Information:
You can direct all inquiries to Mallory Dayman, mdayman-at-gao.ca, (905) 852-1101 ext. 237