Goi Peace Foundation is organizing International Essay Contest. The program is an activity of the UNESCO Global Action Programme (GAP) on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD). The annual essay contest is organized to harness the energy, imagination and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world. A number of awards will be given to the winning candidates.
The mission of the Goi Peace Foundation is to bring together people in wisdom, united in their hearts toward the common goal of peace on Earth.
The Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest is open to International youth who want to promote a culture of peace and sustainable development.
How to Apply:
To be entering in the essay contest, the candidates must submit an essay. This year’s theme is: “Education to Build a Better Future for All.”
We live in a world with many complex problems, both local and global. What kind of education and learning would help us address these challenges and create a sustainable world and a better life for all? Describe your concrete ideas for an ideal education.
• Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2016) in one of the following age categories: Children (ages up to 14) and Youth (ages 15 – 25)
• Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title. Essays may be typed or printed.
• Essays must have a cover page indicating (1) category (Children or Youth) (2) essay title (3) your name (4) address (5) phone number (6) e-mail (7) nationality (8) age as of June 15, 2016 (9) gender (10) school name (if applicable) (11) word count.
• Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group.
• Enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
• Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
• Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
• Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
• Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
Entries may be submitted by postal mail or online:
• To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page at http://www.goipeace-essaycontest.org/ and follow the required steps.
• You can submit your essay at the given address:
International Essay Contest c/o The Goi Peace Foundation
1-4-5 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
• 1st Prize: Certificate and prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$880 as of February 2016) for one entrant
• 2nd Prize: Certificate and prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$440 as of February 2016) for two entrants
• 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift for five entrants
• Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift for 25entrants
Entries must be received by June 15, 2016 (23:59 your local time).
Link for more Information: