The University of Texas at Austin International Office is pleased to announce a new initiative to support and encourage international research: Global Research Fellowship as part of the commitment to educating the next generation of leaders with international experience and global perspective. The program is open to graduate students who have good academic standing to conduct field study or participate in laboratory research abroad. Fellowships will be awarded to graduate students to conduct international research or field study which will be part of their theses/dissertations. The fellowship provides up to $5,000 to winning candidates.
The International Office helps UT Austin prepare students to be competent global citizens by providing access to the international and cultural exchange, and by building partnerships that strengthen the university’s global reach.
- The applicant must be a graduate student
- The time in-country must be a minimum of 3 weeks
- Students must adhere to the Restricted Regions Travel Policy
- Applicants are encouraged to also apply for the International Education Fee Scholarship
- Students must maintain registration while abroad (no leave of absence)
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant must complete the online application go through the given link:https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_09waa38B8qImVdr
- Statement of purpose (max 500 words online): Discuss the research you wish to conduct, the rationale for conducting this research abroad, and the anticipated outcome.
- Scholarship winners formally submit to the International Office a summary report highlighting the experience and describing the outcomes.
Submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf to Erika PayánZanetti at epayan-at-austin.utexas.edu
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The fellowship provides up to $5,000 to cover travel and lodging expenses while conducting research abroad
- Award amounts will vary based on in-country costs and length of time in country
- Funding may not be used for expenses associated with attending a conference.
The application submission due date is March 30, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For more information, contact Erika PayánZanetti at 512-232-9609 or epayan-at-austin.utexas.edu.