As part of their commitment to diversity, the Lane Powell Firm is pleased to announce the George V. Powell Diversity Scholarship. They are seeking candidates who will contribute meaningfully to the diversity of the legal community and who have a demonstrated desire to work, live, and eventually practice law in Seattle or Portland. The scholarship program is available for first- and second-year law students who are studying at an ABA-accredited law school. The winners of the scholarship will receive a $7,500.00 scholarship toward tuition and expenses during the student’s third year of law school.
The Seattle office of Lane Powell traces its roots back to 1889 when William Peters of Pennsylvania joined the Seattle firm of Strudwick, Peters & Collins.A multi-specialty law firm, Lane Powell has helped to emerge and established businesses navigate the Pacific Northwest and beyond for more than 140 years. The Firm handles matters for clients locally, nationally and internationally.
- Highly qualified first- and second-year law students can apply for a Summer Associate position in Lane Powell’s Seattle or Portland offices.
- The candidates’ academic achievements and record of leadership abilities, community service, and involvement in community issues will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates must be second-year students in good standing at an ABA-accredited law school.
- Candidates in four-year joint degree programs will be considered after their third year.
How to Apply:
To apply for the George V. Powell Diversity Scholarship, the candidates must provide the following materials:
- Cover letter including a personal statement indicating eligibility to participate in the Program
- Current copy of law school transcript
- Legal writing sample
- List of two or three professional or academic references
Application materials should be mailed or emailed to:
Len Roden, Manager of Attorney Recruiting
Lane Powell PC
1420 Fifth Avenue, Suite 4200
PO Box 91302
Seattle, WA 98111-9402
Email address: rodenl-at-lanepowell.com
Financial Aid and Award Money:
A $7,500.00 scholarship toward tuition and expenses during the student’s third year of law school
All application materials must be received by September 1, 2017, to be considered for the 2018 Program.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact at rodenl-at-lanepowell.com