Have you or your team started an initiative to make engineering schools more diverse and inclusive? If you’re closely involved with a project that’s been successful in increasing representation of all types of diverse people within your institution, then Airbus Group want to celebrate your achievements and share your work with the world. The GEDC Airbus Diversity Award recognizes the people and projects worldwide which have encouraged students of all profiles and backgrounds to study and succeed in engineering.
The GEDC Airbus Diversity Award recognizes the people and projects worldwide which have encouraged students of all profiles and backgrounds to study and succeed in engineering.
- They are looking for individuals and projects that have made a measurable difference in increasing diversity and inclusion engineering students and graduates.
- Applicants can be outside academia, working in collaboration with an institution.
- Students are not eligible for this award
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can download the scholarship application form by click on the given link:
Along with your form, you must also send:
- Appendices: a maximum of 2 appendices, which must not exceed 4 A4 pages text in total. The appendices do not have to be written documents, they could also be photos, charts or video for example. For any files you wish to send us which are larger than 5MB please use a common file sharing tool (e.g. Yousendit, Dropbox).
- Details of two referees, who may be contacted if the candidate is shortlisted. The referees should include at least one person who can validate or support the evidence of the candidate’s work and another who may be a character reference or provide additional support for the candidate’s work.
- Supporting letter which must be from an Engineering Dean, and whose letter must state that s/he has read and supports the application.
Complete the application form, and send it to candidate-at-gedcairbusdiversityaward.com by 12noon GMT on 5 September 2016.
Three successful finalists will be invited to attend WEEF & GEDC Conference in Seoul, korea, from the 6th– 10th November 2916. The recipient of GEDC airbus Diversity Award will receive 10,000 USD and the two runners up will each receive 1,500 USD.
Application Deadline is September 5, 2016.
Link for More Information: