The American Galvanizers Association’s (AGA) glad to announce “The Galvanize the Future: A Richard L. Brooks Memorial Essay Contest”. Any full- or part-time, undergraduate or graduate student of any age enrolled at an accredited college or university only in North America can apply for the scholarship. The essay contest is developed to help future specifiers with the rising cost of a college education. Two scholarships are awarded annually ($2,500 each) for the students who submits the best essay.
The AGA is a non-profit trade association dedicated to serving the needs of after-fabrication galvanizers, fabricators, architects, specifiers, and engineers. The AGA provides technical support on today’s innovative applications and state-of-the-art technological developments in hot-dip galvanizing for corrosion control.
You are encouraged to apply if you are
- Full- or part-time, undergraduate or graduate student of any age
- Enrolled at an accredited college or university only in North America, during the 2017-2018 school year.
- Qualifying majors include architecture, civil engineering, structural engineering, construction management, material science, or another related field.
How to Apply:
- You can go through the given link to apply for the scholarship program: https://www.galvanizeit.org/education-and-resources/education/university-program/scholarship/application
- Applicants must write an essay and your essay must answer one of the following two questions in 1,000-2,000 words
- The nation’s infrastructure is in disrepair and funding levels continue to lag what is necessary to improve the overall issue. Describe how hot-dip galvanizing could be a solution to combat the infrastructure challenges, focusing on benefits such as maintenance-free longevity and sustainability (environmental and economical).
- You are the lead architect/engineer on an upcoming project where you feel hot-dip galvanized (HDG) steel is the best solution. The owner is unsure, and it is your job to make a case to overcome his objection by for providing detail about the specific benefits of HDG (durability, longevity, sustainability, aesthetics, etc.) that address his concerns.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The American Galvanizers Association’s (AGA) will be awarded two awards up to $2,500 each.
The entry deadline for next year’s competition will close March 31, 2018.
Link for More Information: