The free online course named as “Introduction to Psychology” is provided by Tsinghua University. The course aimed to explore psychological research to understand basic theories and methods of scientific psychology with a strong focus on positive psychology.
This course will cover a wide range of topics from the field of psychology to provide a comprehensive introduction to the subject. The course covers sensation, perception, learning, memory, thinking, emotion, evolution, motivation, personality, social psychology, and happiness these topics. Course will starts on February 20, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 13 weeks
- Effort: 5 hours per week
- Subject: Philosophy & Ethics
- Institution: Tsinghua University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: Course will start on February 20, 2017
- Tsinghua University, founded in 1911, is one of the most prestigious universities in Asia. Tsinghua University consists of 19 schools and 55 departments with faculties in science, engineering, humanities, social sciences, architecture, management, law, medicine, arts, and design.
- With strong research and training, Tsinghua University is consistently ranked as one of the top academic institutions in China, alongside Peking University. It is one of the nine members of the C9 League of universities.
No eligibility or prerequisites required for the course.
About This Course
- Benefits: Course lessons will focus on consciousness, sensation, perception, learning, memory, thinking, emotion, evolution, motivation, personality, social psychology, and happiness. In every lesson, they use empirical studies of psychology and classical theoretical perspectives as examples, concluding the course with the relatively new perspective of positive psychology. The language of the course is English.
- The Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Psychology is an important discipline because it focuses on understanding, explaining and predicting human behavior, emotions and mental processes.According to Psychology Today, the principles of general psychology have an impact on relationships, in the workplace and in many other environments.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://courses.edx.org/register?course_id=course-v1%3ATsinghuaX%2B30700313x%2B1T2017&enrollment_action=enroll&email_opt_in=true
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of course: In this course, you will gain an understanding of psychological modes of thought and master the basic methods of psychological research, while freeing yourself of psychological misconceptions and misunderstandings.
- Certificate: You can pursue a verified certificate for $49 to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain, add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn.
After completing the course you will learn these topics which are given below.
- Key concepts in psychology
- The basic methods of psychological research
- Classical and contemporary theories of psychology
Kaiping Peng: He is the head of the psychology department at Tsinghua University, and the chair of the Academic Committee of Social Science School in Tsinghua University He is also a tenured faculty member at the Department of Psychology of the University of California at Berkeley.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the course.
You Might Also Be Interested In
You may also join AP Psychology – Course 5: Health and Behavior free online course.
- After completing the course you will be able to know psychological modes of thought and master the basic methods of psychological research. You will understand basic theories and methods of scientific psychology
- If you pay for the certificate then you can receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: