Planning to study for an MBA but unsure of your basic maths skills? Grab the Opportunity by joining this “Maths Essentials for MBA Success” free online course that is sponsored by Imperial College Business School. The course aimed to discover and acquire the fundamental maths skills that you will need to use while studying an MBA program, from algebra to differentiation and geometric series.
In this mathematics course, you will learn the fundamental business math skills needed to succeed in your MBA study. The course is self – Paced
Course At A Glance
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 2-3 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: ImperialBusinessX
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course is self – Paced
- About University: As part of Imperial College London, a global leader in science and technology, Imperial College Business School drives business advantage through the fusion of business and technology and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Aim of University: Imperial College Business School inspires brilliant minds to be the world’s future leaders of business and society. They believe that helping these students complete their degrees is the most important thing we can do.
Secondary school (high school) maths
About This Course
- Benefits: You will learn how to evaluate and manipulate the types of formulae that appear in an accounting syllabus, how to perform the calculus required to solve optimization problems in economics. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: A Master of Business Administration program from a leading college or university offers a wide range of benefits including business knowledge, leadership abilities, and networking.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://courses.edx.org/register
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: The free online course gives you math skills these math skills will also give you an edge in the workplace enabling you to apply the greater analytical skill to your decision making.A Master of Business Administration program from a leading college or university offers a wide range of benefits including business knowledge, leadership abilities, and networking.
- Certificate: You can pursue a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($79)Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn.Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- How to evaluate, manipulate and graph the types of linear equations that appear throughout an MBA syllabus
- How to evaluate and manipulate the complex relationships that appear (for example, those that are represented as quadratic or exponential equations)
- How calculus is used to solve optimization problems, such as finding the quantity of sales that maximizes a firm’s profit
- How tools relating to mathematical series and sequences are adopted in an MBA program to calculate concepts such as net present value and compound interest
- David Lefevre: David is the Director of the EdTech Lab at Imperial College Business School. He is also the course leader on the Business School’s Pre-study module in Maths.
- Phil Power: Phil’s role is involved with supporting education initiatives, policy, and strategy across the Faculty of Engineering at Imperial College London.
This course assumes no prior knowledge of business maths, concepts are explained clearly and regular activities give you the opportunity to practice your skills and improve your confidence.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “Finance Essentials for MBA Success” free online course.
- After completing the course you will learn how to evaluate and manipulate the types of formulas and how to apply the concept of geometric series to solving finance-related problems such as calculating compound interest payments.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: