Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is proud to declare free online course named as “Introduction to Investments”. The course is designed to give you knowledge about equity markets and security valuation. You will learn to examine qualitative concepts such as market efficiency and valuation through this course.
The course beginning with introductory finance notions of risk and return, they examine qualitative concepts such as market efficiency and valuation. The course will start on May 4, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 5 weeks
- Effort: 5 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on May 4, 2017
- About University: Established in 1973, the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is one of the top management schools in India. They build leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education. They are known for excellence in both teaching and research, and our alumni are leaders in business, government and civil society across the globe.
- Aim of University: The university vision to build leaders and entrepreneurship through Holistic transformative and innovation education.
- Introductory corporate finance
- High school algebra
About This Course
- Benefits: The course is suitable for students seeking eventual employment with a brokerage company, Investment Company or financial services company with responsibilities in evaluating and selecting equity securities for investment portfolios. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: The whole system of stock markets is based on the idea of equity valuation. The stock markets have a wide variety of stocks on offer, whose perceived market value changed every minute because of the change in the information that the market receives on a real time basis. Equity valuation, therefore, is the backbone of the modern financial system. It enables companies with sound business models to command a premium in the market.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://courses.edx.org/register
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: Given these financial realities, there are several advantages of valuation. Devoting resources to gain a complete knowledge of the value of the business is a very prudent use of funds. Spreading the risk of ownership is especially important when a company grows, with the original shareholders wanting to cash in some of their profits while still retaining a percentage of the company.
- Certificate: You can pursue a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($25) Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn. Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.
- To advance the understanding of fundamental concepts of financial markets and market participants.
- To explain the structure of global markets in which equities trade.
- To evaluate the economic and industry environment in which companies operate.
- To develop and employ tools of financial analysis for examining company fundamentals.
- To understand techniques for valuing equity securities.
- To link theories of valuation to practical aspects of investing.
S.G. Badrinath: He is currently the Chairperson of the Centre for Capital Markets and Risk Management at IIM Bangalore. He is on leave from San Diego State where he teaches in the Investments and Risk Management areas.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you want to join another course you can join “How to Design a Successful Business Model” free online course.
- The tools which you learn during the course should enable you to build valuation models for common stocks. Through this process, you will also learn how professional financial analysts should evaluate companies.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: