The University of Adelaide gives u a chance to apply free online course named as “Introduction to Data Structures”. The course is designed to give you the knowledge that how data can be organized to empower you to write great programs to solve complex problems.
In Introduction to Data Structures, you’ll learn the fundamentals of creating data structures, and gain exposure to coding and visualize data structures. You’ll explore the importance and impact of well-organized data. The course will start on March 21, 2017
Course At A Glance
- Length: 6 weeks
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: The University of Adelaide
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on March 21, 2017
- About University: The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia’s third oldest university and has a strong reputation for excellence in research and teaching.
- Aim of University: The University of Adelaide commits to a distinctive approach that recaptures the ideal of the research university, and seeks an internationally-focused staff and a tolerant, progressive student mix, which will prepare students for global citizenship in an increasingly borderless world.
- The assumed knowledge is introductory programming, including variables, conditionals, loops and functions which can be covered by the completion of associated AdelaideX MOOC
- Create Code or an equivalent course. Additional content on functions will be available in Week 0 of the course
- They will also signpost to Think, Create, Code, or any students concerned that they do not possess the assumed level of knowledge.
About This Course
- Benefits: The course identifies the most important and useful data structures in use in modern programming and each will be presented with exercises for building, visualizing, and manipulating that structure. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject In Today’s Scenario: Data structure is a particular way of storing and organizing information on a computer so that it can be retrieved and used most productively. Use of appropriate data structure enables a computer system to perform its task more efficiently, by influencing the ability of the computer to store and retrieve data from any location in its memory. Different kind of data structures is suited to different computer applications and tasks.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://courses.edx.org/register
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: Each exercise embeds a simple and intuitive application for the particular organization of data that we present. Through the course, you will be given a concrete understanding of data structures by writing your own programs to interact with the data structures.
- Certificate: Pursuing a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($50). Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.
- Develop your programming language skills
- How to encode and make a working visualization of objects and present on screen
- How to produce basic data structures such as linked lists, trees, and graphs, as part of a simple graphical application
- Dr. Nick Falkner: He is Associate Professor, School of Computer Science. Nick loves teaching and does most of his education research into the areas of motivation, time management, and effective teaching delivery.
- Dr. Brad Alexander: He is a lecturer and Director of Teaching in Computer Science at the University of Adelaide.
Basic knowledge of computer science
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “Think. Create. Code” free online course.
- After completing the course you will learn how to build a program from small pieces and understand why organizational approaches make such a difference to some very common approaches to solutions. You’ll get the most from this course if you have some understanding of simple programming, and the Foundation week of the course will allow you to test the level of knowledge you require.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: