The Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (FAER) is glad to put forward Medical Student Anesthesia Research Fellowship Program. U.S. citizens who are medical students are eligible to apply. Aim of the fellowship is to expand the scientific talent in academic anesthesiology. Summer fellows will receive a $400 per week stipend for eight consecutive weeks.
The Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (FAER) is a non-profit, and a related organization of the American Society of Anesthesiologists. Mission of the foundation is to advance medicine through anesthesia research and education.
At the time of the application, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Medical student enrolled full-time at a U.S.-based medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). (To view a list of accredited medical education programs go through the given link: http://www.lcme.org/directory.htm.
Medical student with U.S. citizenship enrolled full-time at a Canada-based medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). To view a list of accredited medical education programs (for more information go through the given link: http://www.lcme.org/directory.htm#canadian-programs.
Medical student enrolled full-time at a U.S.-based college of osteopathic medicine accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College. To view a list of accredited medical education programs (for more information go through the given link: http://www.osteopathic.org/inside-aoa/accreditation/predoctoral%20accreditation/Documents/current-list-of-colleges-of-osteopathic-medicine.pdf.
- Medical student who is in the first, second or third year of school on the application deadline, and will remain enrolled in an MD or DO program throughout the summer research fellowship.
How to Apply:
In order to be a fellow of Medical Student Anesthesia Research Fellowship Program kindly log in by the given link: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=fm–YAU5T6uaPDWjZisqormFoo8P3kkB0
- Curriculum Vitae Provide an up-to-date curriculum vitae that outlines educational background and communicates experience in research and other professional and educational activities.
- Essay Questions Prepare thoughtful responses to each of the three questions. All responses should demonstrate interest in research with an emphasis in anesthesiology and perioperative medicine.
- Question No. 1: List any anesthesiology or perioperative medicine experience.
- Question No. 2: List any past research experiences and/or peer-reviewed publications. Please include dates and the names of the project leads, if applicable.
- Question No. 3: In 250 words or fewer, describe, as well as possible, aspirations for professional life 10 years following medical school graduation and what role anesthesiology will play in your career.
- Letters of Recommendation Provide two letters of recommendation that evaluate the applicant’s quality of character, academic performance, and interest in a career in research. A PDF of each letter of recommendation should be provided to the applicant for uploading with the application. At least one of these letters should be from the student’s recent graduate or undergraduate institution.
- Letter of Good Standing A PDF of the letter of good standing should be provided to the applicant for uploading with the application. The letter of good standing from the dean’s office should confirm the applicant’s enrollment and good standing for the duration of the fellowship.
- Medical student summer fellows receive a $400 per week stipend for eight consecutive weeks. FAER provides funding to the host department, which in turn pays the student.
- MSARF summer fellows who present their research projects at the FAER MSARF Symposium at the ASA annual meeting receive up to $1,000 to offset travel and other meeting-related expenses.
- This travel stipend is paid to the institution, which in turn reimburses the medical student.
- FAER also covers ASA Medical Student Component Society membership dues for one year.
Deadline of the given fellowship is January, 15 2016.
Link for More Information: