The Facebook is committed to advancing women in technology, and they are very excited to announce the 2017 Facebook Grace Hopper Women in Computing Scholarship! This program is available to all women excelling in Computer Science globally. Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.This unique scholarship program gives the opportunity not only to attend the Celebration, but to spend valuable days before the conference with Facebook engineers learning, collaborating, and preparing for the conference.
Facebook is an American for-profit corporation and an online social media and social networking service based in Menlo Park, California. The Facebook website was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates, Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes.
- The scholarship is open to all women excelling in Computer Science globally.
- You have to currently be enrolled at an educational institution in order to qualify for the scholarship (high schools through post-doc students are eligible).
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must submit online application through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/careers/program/gracehopper2017/apply/
The applicant must write (online) short answer on the following question-
- How did you become interested in Computer Science? (1-2 paragraphs)
- Why would Grace Hopper be an impactful experience for you? (1-2 paragraphs)
- What has been your biggest obstacle to pursuing Computer Science? How has it motivated you to pursue your future goals? (2-3 paragraphs)
- Are you an incoming intern with Facebook for summer or fall 2017? (Indicate Yes/No)
Upload your CV/resume (with email, phone and mailing address)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Each recipient will have the opportunity not only to attend the Celebration, but to spend valuable days before the conference with Facebook engineers learning, collaborating, and preparing for the conference.
- The Grace Hopper Celebration scholarship will worth:
- Paid registration for the Grace Hopper Celebration
- Paid travel and lodging, including a pre-Grace Hopper Celebration program in Orlando that includes tech talks, mentoring sessions and networking events from October 1-7, 2017
- An invitation to a private reception with Facebook’s Engineering Team during the Grace Hopper Celebration
- Additional meal stipend
- For international applicants: If you are selected, you would be responsible for your own travel visa. Facebook would cover travel expenses.
The completed applications are due by Thursday, June 15, 2017, at 23:59 PST. (Applications may be saved and edited up until application deadline)
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, send email to gracehopper-at-fb.com