F.A. Davis is proud to present a $1,500 scholarship to an undergraduate nursing student who lives in the U.S. or Canada. The scholarship shows their continuing commitment to the education of nurses and also reflects the promise of nurses to quality health care for all of us.
F.A. Davis is an independent Nursing, Medicine, and Health Sciences publisher since 1879. It is dedicated to providing print, mobile, and web resources for students and professionals. F.A. Davis is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA.
To be considered for the scholarship, the candidates must follow the given requirement:
- Must be currently pursuing one of the following undergraduate nursing degrees leading to NCLEX eligibility: LPN/LVN, RN, or RN-BSN.
- Must be enrolled in a nursing program for the 2015 school year.
- Must be a student in good standing with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- U.S. and Canadian students (must be a citizen, legal resident, or holder of a valid student Visa)
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must include the following documents:
- A completed application form
- An official transcript.
- Proof of current enrollment
- One of the following: enrollment verification letter, acceptance letter, course registration for upcoming semester.
- Introduction: In 100-200 words, tell us about you. Why are you applying for this scholarship? Feel free to include fun facts, an appropriate photograph, or anything that you feel would make you stand out.
- Short Essay: In 300-600 words, write about one of the following:
- How will you make an impact on society after you have earned your degree?
- If you had the power to change nursing practice, what would it be and why?
- Was there a defining moment in your life that made you want to pursue a nursing career?
The candidates can submit the completed application form and the required documents either by Email at: FADnursing-at-FADavis.com or they can send at the address:
F.A. Davis Company 1915 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA 19103 Attn: K. Testa.
A $1,500 scholarship amount will be given to an undergraduate nursing student.
Completed applications must be sent and arrive no later than the set deadline of July 15, 2015.
Link for More Information: