The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration Inc. is pleased to announce the establishment of its Young Ambassador Scholarship in memory of Christopher Nordquist. The scholarship is intended to encourage young people to pursue learning and to help spread the message about the priceless gift almost anyone can leave after death – the gift of sight through eye donation. The annual award of $1,000 will be given to the deserving candidate. The scholarship award can be used for continuing education at an accredited university, college, trade or technical school certificate program.
The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration, the world’s first eye bank, is devoted to restoring sight through eye donations and cornea transplants, as well as providing ocular tissue for research into treatment and cures for other eye diseases.
- Reside within The Eye-Bank’s service area: New York City, Long Island, and the lower Hudson Valley (Westchester, Rockland, Putnam and Orange Counties).
- Be a student under 25 years of age who will be, or is presently enrolled, in a 2 or 4-year college, university, trade or technical school for the current academic year at the time of application deadline.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must download scholarship application form through the given link:
- Provide two references from current school and a counselor’s report.
- Provide a current official transcript and/or acceptance letter from the college, university or trade/technical school the applicant plans to attend.
- Write a short essay (1-2 type-written pages, double-spaced) describing an educational initiative or public service that the student took part in to promote eye donation.
The candidates can submit scholarship application form along with supporting documents at the given address:
Mrs. Andrea C. Nordquist
The Eye Bank for Sight Restoration
120 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005
$1000 scholarship award will be given to the winning candidate.
The completed application packet must be postmarked by May 15, 2016.
Link for More Information: