ExpressVPN is pleased to announce its Future of Privacy Scholarship Program for high school, graduate or undergraduate students. The scholarship is created to raise awareness around Internet privacy and security. The scholarship gives an opportunity to become a leading voice in the growing debate over encryption, digital rights, Internet privacy, and the fight against censorship. Three prizes will be given as a grand prize of $2,500, second prize of $1,000 and third prize of $500 to the winning candidates.Winners will be featured on multiple communications platforms.
Whether the Internet is censored in your country or you want to access sites and services which are restricted by your ISP, ExpressVPN passes through filters and masks your location to provide unblocked and unlimited access.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in either a high school, undergraduate school, or graduate school located in the United States
- There is no age or citizenship requirement
- Employees of ExpressVPN and their immediate family members are not eligible for this contest.
- One entry per student. Each is eligible for one prize only. Multiple entries per student will be disregarded
- Winners must submit a valid ID and proof of enrollment in a high school, undergraduate school, or graduate school located in the United States
How to Apply:
To be entering in scholarship contest, submit an essay on 450-6000 words from one of the following three topics:
- Essay Topic 1: We Own the Future
Picture yourself in 2050. How will the evolution of the Internet affect our social structure and/or the authority governments have over citizens?
- Essay Topic 2: Privacy Advocates
Discuss the logic of this famous quote by Edward Snowden:
“Arguing that you don’t care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don’t care about free speech because you have nothing to say.”
- Essay Topic 3: Privacy in Real Life
As you go about your life, think of three ways privacy, or lack thereof, impacts you personally. Would you be better off or worse if the situation were reversed?
Essays must be sent via email only, to this address: scholarship-at-expressvpn.com. The email must include the following information:
- Your name
- The name, address, and contact details of your school
- Topic selected (#1, 2, or 3)
- Your current grade level
You can submit your essay to: scholarship-at-expressvpn.com
Awards are as follows:
- Grand prize: $2,500
- Second prize: $1,000
- Third prize: $500
The completed application must be submitted by August 31, 2016, 11:59 PST. Winners will be announced Friday, October 14, 2016.
Link for More Information: