Put your thinking caps on and think outside the box, be passionate, and most of all, have fun with this Experian Data Quality Scholarship Contest. Experian Data Quality encourages you to share your final production within your social networks and let them help you spread your data story. Experian Data Quality’s (“EDQ”) aim is to engage students and showcase their creativity in expressing the power of data in their daily passions. EDQ challenges students to create a video and write a short essay explaining the role data plays in our daily lives. The winning candidates will get $5,000.00 USD award.
Experian Data Quality is a global leader in providing data quality software and services. Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients around the world.
• The 2016 Experian Data Quality Contest (“Contest”) is open only to individuals age eighteen (18) or older
• Currently enrolled in good academic standing and in or entering their final year at an accredited college or university (“School”) in the United States (“Entrants”)
• Employees and interns of Experian or its affiliates and their immediate family members (children, domestic partner, parents, siblings, and spouse) and others living in their household are not eligible or are excluded from the contest
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must follow the given steps:
• Complete scholarship application form and upload essay and video through the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AyXktQCFZBea183wjDYbypRj5OPLInkUJrAv4XXNlu0/viewform
• In a short 1:00 – 2:00 Minute Video Please demonstrate how you use data in your every day life and what data quality means to you, or how you perceive data’s role in the world, they want you to tell your data story.
• In 400-600 words, write a brief essay around data quality. Please feel free to be creative in your choice of topic. You can write around what data quality means to you, how data quality affects your life, how it is used in various industries and work settings, how you use data in college to help make decisions or complete your assignments
Each video must comply with the guidelines and technical specifications provided in the Official Rules and the following general guidelines:
• Video and all video content must be owned solely by the entrant
• Video may not have been previously published or won any award
• Video must be original
• Video must not prominently (as determined by EDQ in its discretion) depict or refer to any brand or trademark
• Video must not contain any material that violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is defamatory, threatening, indecent, obscene or offensive, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or whose use by EDQ requires a license or permission or payment to any third party
• Video must not contain any material that EDQ, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing
The prize will consist of $5,000.00 USD (“Prize”) to be awarded as a check made to the winner’s school.
Submission period begins on May 1, 2016, 12:00 AM Eastern Time (EST) and ends on August 31, 2016, 11:59 PM.
Link for More Information: