The East-West Center (EWC) is organizing Asia Studies Fellowship Program for PhD students. The fellowship program is open to those who are nationals of a country from the Asia-Pacific or the United States. The fellowship supports scholars and analysts who wish to undertake research and writing on topics of relevance to contemporary US-Asia policy. The program awards monthly stipend of US$2,500 to $5,000.
The East-West Center (EWC) or the Center for Cultural and Technical Interchange between East and West is an education and research organization. It was established by the U.S. Congress in 1960. The (EWC) strengthen relations and understanding among the peoples and nations of Asia, the Pacific, and the United States.
- Applicants with or without a Ph.D. will be considered, those without a Ph.D. will be considered based on their relevant professional experience.
- Applicants must be nationals of a country from the Asia-Pacific or the United States.
How to Apply:
For applying the fellowship, the candidates must submit the on-line application form. The link is: https://secure.jotformpro.com/ewc/fellowship
Successful applications will include a completed online application form:
- A full CV.
- Two letters of reference.
- A policy-relevant research proposal of ten pages (double spaced).
- The proposal should discuss the policy problem or issue to be examined, tentative hypothesis and arguments, a review and short bibliography of the relevant literature as well as details on how plan to explore the topic and project time frame.
- Explaining how a fellowship in Washington, D.C. would further this research would be helpful. (For example: plans to interview government officials/policy experts, access achieves at local institutions etc.)
The fellowship includes a monthly stipend of US$2,500 to $5,000 (dependent upon experience) while in residence at EWC in Washington and round trip economy airfare to Washington, D.C. Residency may begin as early as March 2016 and extend through September 2016.
Deadline of Asia Studies Fellowship Program is January 1, 2016.
Link for More Information: