Just enter your essay and win a trip to New York and speak at the United Nations. The United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI), in collaboration with ELS Educational Services, Inc., (ELS) is excited to announce 2016 Student Essay Contest and Global Youth Forum. The applicants must be 18 years and older and enrolled in a full-time course of study at a college or university, to participate in the Many Languages, One World Essay Contest. 60 students will be selected as delegates to the 2016 United Nations Academic Impact Global Youth Forum.
ELS Educational Services, Inc provides students with a wide variety of options ranging from intensive English programs and university placement assistance to executive business programs and vacation learning options.
- You will need to demonstrate both written and verbal competency in the language of the essay
- You must be afull-time university student, recommended and endorsed by a Faculty Member or University Representative
- You must be 18 years of age or older by the contest deadline
How to Apply:
To be considered for scholarship contest, the applicants must write an original essay (2,000 words or less) discussing global citizenship and cultural understanding and the role that multilingual ability can play in fostering these.
- The essay should reflect your personal, academic, cultural and national context.
- Essays must be written in an official language of the United Nations that is not your first language or primary language of instruction during your primary or secondary education.
- The official United Nations languages are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russianand Spanish.
The essay must be submitted/uploaded in MS WORD format. Please title your essay as follows: LastName_FirstName-LanguageofEssay (ie, Smith_Jane-Arabic). Do not include a cover page with personal information, as the essays will be evaluated anonymously.
- A total of 60 contest Winners will be selected through a rigorous three-stage process. Ten winners will be selected from Entrants in each of the 6 official United Nations languages. These Winners will be invited to New York to participate in a series of events during the week of July 25-31, 2016.
- During the preparatory conference, Winners will work with their language group to prepare plans of action which could be undertaken by student and local communities towards the realization of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- ELS will pay for roundtrip economy class airfares in carriers of its choosing between the airport nearest to the Winners’ home city and New York, and be responsible for the Winners’ travel, room and meals for the duration of the conference (6-7 days).
- All Winners attending the conference will be given certificates of participation by ELS, signifying they have participated in the Global Youth Forum arranged in cooperation with the United Nations Academic Impact.
Essay submission deadline is Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Link for More Information: