EIT Health would like to offer “DPhil/Ph.D. Transition Fellowships” to DPhil/Ph.D. students. The aim of the DPhil/Ph.D. Transition Fellowship Program is to address the innovation-funding gap between completion of the doctoral thesis and obtaining further seed funding. The candidate who will win, receive EUR 10,000 to EUR 25,000 that will be used towards the cost of accelerated development of their idea in their first post-doctoral year.
EIT Health is one of the largest healthcare initiatives worldwide. Its goal is to sustainably advance the foundations of healthcare and thus promote the future conditions for healthier living and wellbeing of people across Europe. EIT Health aims to accelerate entrepreneurship and innovation in healthy living and active aging, providing Europe´s top talents with new opportunities and resources for the benefit of all citizens.
All scholarship applicants must be:
- Eligible applicants must be DPhil/Ph.D. students enrolled at Oxford University, Imperial College, University of Coimbra or University of Lisbon
- Who are in their 3rd or 4th year of doctoral training in a field relevant to EIT Health
How to Apply:
For applying you can go through the given link and complete your application processes for the scholarship program: https://eithealth.wufoo.eu/forms/x1fxtw3m1aphvd6/
You must submit the following documents along with your application form
- A brief summary of the candidate’s innovative research idea or discovery (max 250 words)
- A supporting letter or email from the DPhil/PhD supervisor detailing excellent progress towards thesis submission in 2017, date of completion of doctoral funding, strong support for the applicant, the proposal objectives and (if applicable) confirming approval from the head of department (The applicant must remain with the Ph.D. group or team).
- a copy of the certificate obtained after completion of the quick, fun and easy on-line (UK government) training course on intellectual property
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Awards will be made at three (3) levels:
- Gold: EUR 25,000
- Silver: EUR 15,000
- Bronze: EUR 10,000
Application deadline for the scholarship is June 16, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question you can contact at
- davies-at-path.ox.ac.uk (Oxford University)
- waibel-at-imperial.ac.uk (Imperial College London)
- jfigueira-at-uc.pt (Coimbra/Lisbon University)