The Alpha Kappa Alpha Educational Advancement Foundation, Inc. (EAF) provides funds to advance education in fulfillment of its mission: “To promote lifelong learning.” The Community Assistance Awards is available to full-time students who are currently enrolled at an accredited degree-granting institution. The Foundation is a source of support to graduate students, post freshman students and nonprofit organizations serving diverse beneficiaries. Community Assistance Awards are awarded to assist individuals and organizations for a specific civic, educational or human service program or project.
The Educational Advancement Foundation was founded in 1980 by Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., an organization with a rich and distinguished history of service that spans nearly a century. Today, the Foundation, a financially strong and viable organization, is a powerful tool for good, pooling the resources of others who share this vision of providing a perpetual source of support for education.
- Be a full-time (depends on your school’s qualifications)
- Be currently enrolled student at an accredited degree-granting institution. Online and accelerated classes are accepted.
- Must plan to continue their academic pursuits in the fall of the grant year.
- Demonstrated exceptional academic achievement/or financial need.Leadership, volunteer, civic and academic services.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can submit online application through the given link: https://donate.akaeaf.org/scholarship-login
The applicant must submit all the following:
- Two letters of support and other supporting documents, double-spaced.
- Budget: The budget must include:
- Total funds for the project/activity
- Delineate the use of requested funds
- Funds from other sources (if applicable)
- Narrative: not to exceed five (5) typewritten pages should include:
- Name of project/activity
- Need or rationale
- Number of participants assisted by this program
- Target audience
- Relationship to Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. program priority
- Expected benefits
- Method of evaluation (with proper timeline)
- Additionally, provide a copy of your IRS 990 or audit.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Community Assistance Awards are one-time awards to non-profit organizations implementing projects addressing one of the programmatic thrusts of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.:
- Educational Enrichment
- Health Promotion
- Family Strengthening
- Environmental Ownership
- Global Impact
- Awards range from $1,000.00 to $3,000.00
- Award Information – Qualified expenditures include: Tuition, room/board, coursework fees, books and supplies (paper, notebooks, computers, electronic media, etc), local transportation (e.g., to/from/at school), including bus fare, mileage auto expense, parking, and tolls.
Community Assistance Awards applications are due on August 15, 2017, at 11:59 PM CST. The awards will be announced in November of 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact by e-mail: akerr-at-akaeaf.net