The Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington Education Foundation (RAMW-EF) is giving you chance to apply for this Educated Eats “Frans Hagen Scholarship”. Applying for the scholarship, applicants may currently be enrolled in, or have graduated in the past year, from a high school that offers quality culinary education coursework or have a minimum of 400 hours of restaurant/foodservice work or internship experience. Educated Eats scholarships are designed to assist individuals who demonstrate an interest and commitment to the restaurant industry. The winner of the scholarship program will get up to $5000 award amount.
The Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington Education Foundation (RAMW-EF), known as Educated Eats, is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the restaurant industry as a career of unlimited opportunity.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Be a US citizen or have permanent residency and be a resident of Washington, DC metropolitan area.
- Have applied and gained acceptance into a full-time culinary/hospitality related post-secondary program with plans to enroll in a minimum of four semesters.
- Be currently enrolled in, or have graduated in the past year, from a high school that offers quality culinary education coursework or has a minimum of 400 hours of restaurant/foodservice work or internship experience. Proof of work experience is required in the form of a letter from your employer or mentor.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or be in the top one-third of your class.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must download the scholarship application form through the given link and complete it: http://media.wix.com/ugd/bd7387_904bd047ea88431bbf9be84870c185fe.pdf
- Applicants must write a 500 words essay discussing why you should be awarded this scholarship and what your plans are for the future.
The scholarship recipient’s school must provide:
- Character Reference Form, minimum of two required
- Reference Contact Information Form must be completed for each reference
- Reference Letter, minimum of two required
- Copy of acceptance letter from culinary school/college/university
- Current high school transcript (if applicable)
Applicants can send the application packet in one of the following ways:
- Postal Address is:
Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington
Educated Eats Scholarship
1625 K Street, NW, Suite 210
Washington, DC 20006
- You can also email your application at educatedeats-at-ramw.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The scholarship amount is $5000, half to be paid to the school the first semester, and the half to be paid to the school the second semester, to individuals.
The application and accompanying information must be submitted by 11:59 pm Sunday, April 23, 2017.
Link for More Information: