The East-West Center is pleased to offer The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship. The fellowship is open for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific and U.S. The program provides opportunity for Master’s or Doctoral degree study for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to participate in the educational, residential, and leadership development programs.
The East-West Center was established by the U.S. Congress in 1960. It promotes better relations and understanding among the people and nations of the United States, Asia, and the Pacific through cooperative study, research, and dialogue. The Center is an independent, public, nonprofit organization.
To be eligible for the fellowship students must be:
- Citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- Citizens of countries in the Pacific and Asia, including Russia (scroll down for a complete list).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can download the application form by the link that is given below. http://www.eastwestcenter.org/sites/default/files/filemanager/Education_Program/Student_Programs/GDF/2016/5a-2016%20Graduate%20Degree%20Fellowship%20Application%20fillable%20form.pdf
- The application form.
- A cover letter, resume, and essay responses regarding your long-range goals, biographical essay, your involvement in civic engagement and community service activities, and your preparedness for an inter-cultural learning environment.
- The university of Hawaii admissions application and statement of objectives (for the academic program to which you are applying).
- Official transcripts from each college or university you attended.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Any official test score reports that are required by the university of Hawaii
The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides funding for up to 24 months for Master’s or Doctoral degree study for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to participate in the educational, residential, and leadership development programs at the East-West Center while pursuing graduate study at the University of Hawai’i.
Students can apply for this fellowship till November 1, 2015.
Link for More Information:
Additional information may be obtained from: Graduate Degree Fellowships Award Services Office East West Center 1601 East-West Road Honolulu, HI 96848-1601 USA.