Are you a doctorate or PhD student and interested in applying for fellowship? The Eisenhower Institute is glad to announce Dwight D. Eisenhower/Clifford Roberts Graduate Fellowship Program. The program is open to those who are in an advanced stage of their doctoral candidacies. Fellowship program supports leadership ability of an applicant in public service . Fellows will be granted $10,000 stipend.
The Eisenhower Institute is a nonpartisan organization dedicating to perpetuating Dwight D. Eisenhower’s legacy. The institute mainly promotes broader understanding of democracy, and supporting leadership in public service.
- Applicants should be at an advanced stage of their doctoral candidacies, preferably at the point of preparing their dissertations.
- The Institute will consider, on written university recommendation in unique circumstances, applications of less advanced graduate students or of persons who have recently earned their doctorates and wish to pursue studies in the Institute’s field of interest.
- Applicants are selected on merit and must be receiving their graduate degree from one of the following institutions:
- University of Chicago, Columbia University, Harvard University, Cornell University, Kansas University, Princeton University, University of Texas at Austin, University of Virginia, and Washington University at St. Louis, Stanford University, Vanderbilt University or The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University.
- All students in good academic standing (from the aforementioned universities) are eligible to apply, regardless of U.S. citizenship or residency.
How to Apply:
Application form is available on the given link: https://eisenhowerinstitute.formstack.com/forms/roberts_fellowship_form
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae.
- A statement describing the nature and scope of the dissertation, including a timetable for its complication.
- A statement, not exceeding 1,000 words, of the applicant’s career aspirations.
- A writing sample of 10-15 pages, preferably on a topic related to the dissertation.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the applicant’s doctoral advisor. These letters should not be seen by the applicants.
- Such other information as the participating university may require, such as academic transcripts.
- Each fellowship award is for a stipend of $10,000 which will be paid to the universities, half by August 1, 2016 and the remainder by December 1, 2016. Each university may make its own arrangements for disbursing the funds to the Fellows.
- The Institute requires a brief progress report from the Fellow’s doctorial advisor no later than November 18, 2016 in order for the second half of the stipend to be disbursed by the Institute.
Friday, March 18, 2016 is the date of application submission.
Link for More Information:
You can contact to Rick Farwell, Assistant Director of the Eisenhower Institute, via email at rfarwell-at-gettysburg.edu or by phone (202) 628-4444.