The Delta Research and Educational Foundation (DREF) is pleased to announce the DREF Golden Anniversary Scholarship Award. The program is open to all student (male or female) who are currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution or four-year college or community college as an undergraduate student or graduate student. The DREF promotes research which identifies and fashions solutions to issues affecting African American women and their families, nationally and globally through funding and support of public service programs of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated and collaborative organizations. Through the scholarship award, the DREF will be awarded $1,000 scholarships to 50 qualified students.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. established the Delta Research and Educational Foundation (DREF) as a public charity supporting scholastic achievement, public service programs, and research initiatives focused on African American women.
Successful applications must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a student (male or female) currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution (four-year college or community college)
- Applicant can be enrolled in college as an undergraduate student or graduate student
- Applicant must possess a 8-grade point average or above (on a 4.0 scale)
How to Apply:
- To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can submit an online application through the given link: http://applications.deltafoundation.net/dref-golden-anniversary-scholarship-application/
- The applicants feel free to print the application as a reference before completing your application on-line. The link is: http://applications.deltafoundation.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/golden-anniversary-scholarship-application.pdf
- One letter of recommendation must accompany application; letter must be from a personal associate (Delta member, volunteer supervisor, civic or clergy leader, mentor), professional, (employer or leader of professional organization) or academic (faculty or staff member in academia)
- Upload a500-word essay is required and must address the following questions: What are your thoughts about philanthropy in the African American community? Secondly, what is your role in supporting charitable causes (past, present, or future)?
- Applicant must provide an official transcript of their academic record.
Send your letter and transcript to DREF Golden Anniversary Scholarship Delta Research and Educational Foundation 1703 New Hampshire Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20036
Financial Aid and Award Money:
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Delta Research and Educational Foundation (DREF), $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to 50 qualified students (male or female).
- The 2017 DREF Golden Anniversary Scholarship deadline is July 10, 2017, at 5:00 pm. All other scholarships will be available beginning November 2017.
- The application material must be mailed to their offices in one envelope, and be received no later thanJuly 10, 2017, at 5:00 pm.
Link for More Information: