Goodwill Industries of Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties, Inc. is glad to announce Dr. Susan Fox Scholarship. The scholarship is open to a single mother (with or without veteran status) or a single grandmother who wishes to obtain her four-year Bachelor’s degree in a career field she will pursue after graduation. The Dr. Susan Fox Scholarship aims to assist women with their higher education costs. One applicant will receive an award of at least $5,000 for study at an accredited college or university of her choice.
Goodwill Industries of Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties, Inc. serve the community by helping people increase their economic independence through training, education, and employment.
Any single mother or grandmother meeting the following qualifications:
- Completed 2 or more years of accredited college, lower-division, general-education work meeting the requirements for upper division transfer to an accredited college or university as a Junior
- U.S. citizen
- Demonstrates difficult personal circumstances, high financial need, and strong academic promise to earn her Bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete the scholarship application form that can be downloaded through the given link:
- The applicant’s autobiographical essay
- Applicants must submit a minimum of three letters of recommendation from clergymen, employers – past and present, teachers and mentors.
- College Transcript
- Current photograph for use in the Goodwill Newsletter
Completed applications may be mailed/delivered, faxed or emailed to the contact below:
- Kelly Fargo, Director of Marketing and Fund Development Goodwill Industries of Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties 130 Lombard St. Oxnard, CA 93030
- 805-981-0130 (phone)/805-485-2867 (fax)
The Dr. Susan Fox Scholarship provides $5,000 financial assistance.
Application due date is December 1, 2015.
Link for More Information: