Dr. Linda Moore Fall Scholarship is open for the students who are enrolled and attending an accredited graduate nurse practitioner program. The purpose of program is to support nurse practitioners students who are currently enrolled in an accredited nurse practitioner program. The Scholarship is intended to advance the profession of nurse practitioners by fostering professional development and leadership opportunities in MCNP student members.
The D. Linda Moore scholarship fund was created by the Metrolina Coalition of Nurse Practitioners (MCNP) Board of Directors in 2008 to honor the dedication and achievements of two of the organizations’ co-founders and long serving Board members, Jane M. Link NP and Dr. Linda Moore. Metrolina Coalition of Nurse Practitioners is a non-profit (503 C6) organization and was founded in 1998.
All nurse practitioner student candidates must meet the following application criteria:
- Be enrolled and attending an accredited graduate nurse practitioner program
- Eligible candidates must also be in good standing per program director
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be an active MCNP member in good standing and have participated in at least one dinner
- Meeting during application year
How to Apply:
The candidates must fill the on-line application form to be applying for scholarship. The link is:
- Provide a current copy of unofficial school transcript
- Include most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Provide one letter of recommendation (one must be from faculty) and an optional second letter from a preceptor, colleague, supervisor etc… may also be submitted if the applicant so chooses
- Write a 500 words or less essay explaining why you have chosen to become a nurse practitioner and how your involvement in the Metrolina Coalition of Nurse Practitioners will have an impact on your practice as a nurse practitioner after graduation
The supporting documents can be uploaded or can be sent by electronically. The email id is:
The candidates must submit completed application packet by noon on October 30, 2015.
Link for More Information: