Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago is thrilled to offer the Doris Duke Fellowships for the Promotion of Child Well-Being. The fellowships are designed to identify and develop a new generation of leaders interested in and capable of creating practice and policy initiatives that will enhance child development and improve the nation’s ability to prevent all forms of child maltreatment. Up to 15 fellowships each of stipend $30,000 for up to two years are awarded annually to support the completion of their dissertation and related research at their academic institution.
Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago has, since its inception in 1985 as a research and policy center, focused on a mission of improving the well-being of children and youth, families, and their communities.
- Fellows’ dissertations must be focused on some aspect of child well-being and the prevention of child maltreatment
- Fellows can be enrolled at any academic institution in the U.S. and are selected through an open national competition
- Fellows must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
How to Apply:
For applying the fellowship, the candidates are required to submit the following forms. That can be easily downloaded by their respective links:
- Doris Duke Fellowships Application Form (http://www.dorisdukefellowships.org/s/Doris-Duke-Fellowship-Application-Form-2016-FINAL.doc)
- Doris Duke Fellowships Personal and Research Statement Form (http://www.dorisdukefellowships.org/s/Doris-Duke-Fellowship-Personal-and-Research-Statement-2016-FINAL.doc)
- Doris Duke Fellowships Academic Mentor Form (http://www.dorisdukefellowships.org/s/Doris-Duke-Fellowship-Academic-Mentor-Form-2016-FINAL.doc)
- Doris Duke Fellowships Policy Mentor Form (http://www.dorisdukefellowships.org/s/Doris-Duke-Fellowship-Policy-Mentor-Form-2016-FINAL.doc)
- Doris Duke Fellowships Recommendation Form (http://www.dorisdukefellowships.org/s/Doris-Duke-Fellowship-Recommendation-Form-2016-FINAL.doc)
- Doris Duke Fellowships Letter of Commitment Instructions (http://www.dorisdukefellowships.org/s/Doris-Duke-Fellowship-Letter-of-Commitment-Instructions-2016-FINAL.docx)
Submit completed application packet to: ddfellowships-at-chapinhall.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Doris Duke Fellowships for the Promotion of Child Well-Being are awarded to 15 doctoral students each year
- Each fellow receives an annual stipend of $30,000 over a two-year term
The application period will close at 11:59 PM CST on December 1, 2016.
Link for More Information:
For any other questions, you may direct inquiries to ddfellowships-at-chapinhall.org